Flexible packaging has helped revolutionize how products are sold – and pet food is no exception. From being easier to seal and store to grabbing consumers’ attention, flexible packaging can help give your pet food business an edge over the competition.
Plus, flexible packaging is great for pet food. Pouches not only make it easier to sell dog food (including treats), they’re smaller than traditional boxes. This is fantastic for you and your customers. However, this means that the packaging is subject to a number of upcoming FDA changes.
The following identifications are required on all pet food boxes, cans, pouches, or containers (including treats):
- Identification of the product
- Quantity of the product in the package
- Business name and address of the company that makes the product or distributes it
- List of the ingredients in order of weight used in the package
These kinds of classifications require that the pet food manufacturer or distributor meet certain requirements. If the company doesn’t, they can’t add the designation to their packaging. And that is nearly all of the information that’s required on pet food labeling.
Why the Change?
The primary focus has been on the two areas where people have become more ardently vocal about changes being necessary:
- Packaging needs to be more sustainable
- Packaging needs to provide enough information for pet owners to make informed decisions about what they are feeding their pets
There are more reasons to provide specific details and information that can ensure that we take care of our pets as much as we take care of ourselves or our children. While it may be inconvenient in the beginning, in the long run, the changes are a move in the right direction.
Read more: Flexible packaging for detergent
What is changing?
One of the biggest changes to come out of the research is that consumers find it easier to understand graphics of special classifications. Perhaps the biggest of these changes will be for food items like treats.
With this change, pet owners will be able to quickly identify what is in the food or treats. This gives pet owners the ability to ensure they are giving their furry friends a healthy meal or snack.
When do I need to make these changes?
While you can’t be certain of when the changes will take effect, you can start to plan for them. Pouches are the best option for treats and fresh food. It’s secure and easier to open and close a pouch, keeping the food fresher for longer. Consider these changes to give your product that little extra edge:
- Creative and practical sizes and shapes
- Options that promote sales, such as a clear window and glossy finish
Why is Amiba company always the first choice?
- More than 30 years of experience in the plastic and complex film packaging industry
- Provide products with high quality
- Large production capacity
- Cost savings
- Large warehouse system, fast delivery
- Diverse payment policy
- Being a close partner of many large companies and large enterprises
- Staff dedicated to the job
- The production environment is safe for humans and the environment
Amiba company’s products are widely used by ensuring quality management, environmental protection, and integrated ISO standards:
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Codex Alimentarius
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of ISO 22000: 2018
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015
If you need to learn more about laminated film packaging, or need advice regarding placing an order or getting a price quotation, please call now +84 796 290 555 for the best support.
Address: Lot 8, Street Number 16, Viet Nam-Singapore II-A Industrial Park, Tan Uyen Town, Binh Duong Province, Viet Nam.
Office Tower: 25 Ngo Quyen Street, Ward 10, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: +84 796 290 555