Regardless of the size of your company, digitally printed flexible packaging has a variety of benefits over conventional printing methods like offset, gravure, and flexographic. There are many differences between digital and conventional printing, and while traditional print is a great choice for many brands, there are several advantages to choosing digitally printed flexible packaging. Read on to learn the 7 advantages of digital.
1. Turnaround time is cut in half, and then some.
With digital printing, there are never any plates to create or set up. This means once the digital file is sent over, your project is ready to print in minutes instead of the days or weeks it would take to create and set up the plates for each package design. And, when you partner with a local digital printing manufacturer, shipping time is significantly decreased, so you get your packaging fast. In some cases, it’s the difference between getting your order in days, instead of months.
2. You have the ability to print multiple SKUs in a single run.
For smaller brands looking to print less of each SKU, this is the game changer of digital printing. Because there are no plates, multiple SKUs can run at once so brands can combine multiple SKUs into one order, or one print run. No matter if you have 3 designs or 300, digital printing has got you covered, and all in one order.
3. You can make changes to your packaging design on the fly.
Since there are no plates, there is no lengthy or costly setup when a change needs to be made to the design. It’s just a new file, so you have the ability to make tweaks to your packaging design file without the headache, cost, and delay associated with the creation of new plates. If your ingredient list changes, you get a new certification, or even if you change your logo, you can easily adjust your design file and start printing the updated design immediately.
4. You only have to print what you need, when you need it.
This allows you to respond to market demand in real-time. And, with digital printing, short and medium runs are possible, so you can print to demand and avoid having excessive inventory. This allows you to keep more cash in your business while decreasing the risk of obsolescence and excess inventory, both of which can cost you more than you may realize.
5. Short-run, seasonal, and promotional packaging are possible with digital printing.
Brands of all sizes can take advantage of short runs for seasonal and promotional packaging when you don’t want to place a large order. This allows you to try packaging for target markets, come up with a fun, limited-time promotion, or create seasonal packaging for any holiday or season you can imagine. With no plates and short runs, you are not limited to how many SKUs you can create.
6. Digital printing is more environmentally friendly than traditional printing methods.
In fact, digitally printed flexible packaging adds even more sustainable benefits, overall, including:
- Custom flexible packaging uses fewer natural resources and energy to manufacture and transport than other package formats and generates fewer CO2 emissions.
- Flexible packaging, when it comes to food packaging printing, also reduces food waste by extending the shelf life of the product inside.
- Digitally printed flexible packaging also produces fewer emissions and less energy consumption than traditional printing.
- The HP Indigo 20000 printing press is a carbon-neutral machine used in all our plants. Learn more about the environmental benefits of our press here.
- With no printing plates, there are fewer materials needed to set up.
- Customers can order to demand, which means less inventory potentially being wasted since obsolete packaging usually ends up in our landfills.
- Lastly, digitally printed sustainable packaging is also an option! Brands have the ability to add a recyclable pouch or post-consumer recycled (PCR) rollstock to their product lineup.
7. Digital printing has capabilities like none other.
This technology helps customers enhance product shelf presence, create digital consumer engagement (like QR codes), and guard against counterfeiting, as well as provide the ability to track products from cradle to grave.
8. Why is Amiba company always the first choice?
- More than 30 years of experience in the plastic and complex film packaging industry
- Provide products with high quality
- Large production capacity
- Cost savings
- Large warehouse system, fast delivery
- Diverse payment policy
- Being a close partner of many large companies and large enterprises
- Staff dedicated to the job
- The production environment is safe for humans and the environment
Amiba company’s products are widely used by ensuring quality management, environmental protection, and integrated ISO standards:
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Codex Alimentarius
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of ISO 22000: 2018
– It has been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015
If you need to learn more about laminated film packaging, or need advice regarding placing an order or getting a price quotation, please call now +84 796 290 555 for the best support.
Address: Lot 8, Street Number 16, Viet Nam-Singapore II-A Industrial Park, Tan Uyen Town, Binh Duong Province, Viet Nam.
Office Tower: 25 Ngo Quyen Street, Ward 10, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: +84 796 290 555